News & Events
HAPPENING: Demonstration of watercolour and ink techniques tomorrow Monday 12 noon at St Vincent’s Hospital kangaroo point. Part of current SHOWCASE group exhibition well worth seeing.
- CURRENT: ‘Showcase’ – a selected group exhibition 30 Aug to 10 September at St Vincents Holy Spirit Kangaroo Point. Tony is exhibiting watercolours and acrylic ink drawings and demonstrating at this excellent exhibition by selected artists.
- PEN & BRUSH SODA: Also currently – Last days of solo Tony Walker exhibition at Soda Stream Gallery Soda Apartments Cordelia St South Brisbane hosted by Fish Lane Studios.
- ‘ART EXTRAVAGANZA’: Tony was pleased to be the judge of the Heritage art prize (Heritage Bank sponsor) and the watercolour section of the recent Lions Art Extravaganza Exhibition at Westfield Garden City.
- ‘BRISBANE SKETCHFEST’ – Tony Walker will be involved in this event which includes workshops and sketchwalks in the city. The event from 10 to 13 October includes an exhibition of sketches by USK Brisbane members stages by Southbank Group. Details here
- ‘AUSTRALIAN WATERCOLOUR MUSTER’ Later in the year 7 to 10 November Tony Walker is a participant artist in this prestigious event at the Emporium Hotel South Brisbane. This event has international connection with the ‘FabrianoInAquarello’ event occurring annually in Italy – details here
About the artist
Tony Walker is based mainly in Brisbane Australia and the Queensland Sunshine Coast. He travels widely ‘en plein air’ painting, including painting in remote and coastal Australia and in Urban Sketchers’ events in cities worldwide. A member of local and international art groups, he exhibits in selected galleries and other venues in Australia and overseas including Oman and Europe from time to time. He was selected in FabrianoInAquarello international watercolour festival in Italy for 2018 and 2019 and travelled there. He tutors workshops in ‘Expressive Watercolour’ and ‘Urban Sketch’ (pen/acrylic ink on paper and canvas) and is an art competition judge.